Privacy Statement for the Asian Cat Association and this site
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Asian Cat Association
1. Your Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession from 25 May 2018 processing of personal data is governed by the Gen data protection regulation (the GDPR)
2. Who We Are
The Asian Cat Association is a voluntary organisation working for the benefit of the Asian breed with aim of being a friendly and democratic forum for all those interested in the future of this delightful breed. The Asian Cat Association was established in 1997 and is fully affiliated to the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy (GCCF).
For the purposes of data protection we are a data controller (contact details below). This means that we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes
3. How We Process Your Personal Data
The Asian Cat Association complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up-to-date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes
• to enable us to provide services for the benefit of the Asian Cat Association
• to administer membership records and maintain our own records and accounts
• to publish directories of officers, breeders, kitten lists and exhibitors to our show
• to inform you of news, events, activities and services provided by us• to analyse and track visitors to our website
4. The Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
A legitimate interest for association membership, subscriptions and all associated record-keeping
• a legitimate interest for administering numbers of club membership and publishing winners
•a legitimate interest for responding to queries submitted to us via email and other electronic means
• a legitimate interest for publishing contact details in the breeders directory, kitten list, and exhibitors and judges at our show
• explicit consent of the data subject so we can o keep you informed about news, events, activities and services
5. Sharing Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with members of the Association where we have a legitimate interest.
6. How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was collected. We will only keep membership details for currently subscribed members. Unless you tell us specifically that you no longer wish to be a member your membership will lapse at the end of the first year in which you no longer pay your subscription fee. This means it can take up to 12 months for data on last members to be removed from our records.
7. Your Rights and Personal Data
unless subject to an exemption under GDP are, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data. The right
• to request a copy of your personal data for which the Asian Cat Association holds about you
• to request that the Asian Cat Association corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
• to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Asian Cat Association to retain such data
• to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time• to request that the data controller provide the subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability)
• where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
•to object to the processing of personal data by the Asian Cat Association
• to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioner’s office. Go to sleep
8. Further Processing
if we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this data privacy notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
to exercise all rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the site owner see contact page
You can contact the information Commissioner’s office on 03031 231113 or via email http://ico.org.uk
or at the
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
10. Website and Cookies
you do not need to provide any personal information to use our site. However in the course of operating our website third-party services will collect and process details of your visits and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
Any personal data submitted by you on our website or by email will be transmitted and stored electronically information submitted by you will only be used for the purpose it was provided.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer automatically when you visit our website. Cookie files are stored on your hard drive of your computer and contain information that be may be used for the purpose of gathering information about your computer and your general Internet news.
Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site in general Internet use. The Asian Cat Association has no direct control over the information that is collected by means of these cookies but we may use the data collected by third parties to analyse how visitors interact with the website so that we can continue to develop and improve our services.
You may find links to third-party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which we recommend you familiarise yourself with. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Page updated 14 March, 2019